How it Works
Most people have items of good clothing items which they never use anymore, which are stored in boxes or closets. Rather than let them sit unused, wouldn’t it be better to donate them to benefit others?
Step 1 - The Bins
- We place our clothing collection bins in your neighborhood or place of business
- You drop off your unwanted clothes, and shoes in our bin.
- Our bins are placed strategically throughout Connecticut.
Step 2 - The Collections
- The clothing is regularly collected by one of our drivers and brought to our warehouse.
- The clothing is then packaged for re-sale before being shipped out by truck.
- Some of the clothing is donated to projects and organizations that we support.
Step 3 - The Results
- Charities of Hope has been a benefactor to donations and fund raising events for:
- Local 'Project Graduation' events
- Food for Friends
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- local church and faith-based organizations
Please note that we cannot accept appliances, furniture or household goods. Please do not leave items outside our bins.
To find where you can donate your used clothing, please refer to our location page and ensure that you check the labels on the bin to ensure that it is Charities of Hope before donating. Since your donation is tax deductible, we can provide you with a receipt.